Ivy and Derek meet with all prospective students – in person (on video).
However, over the last 100 applicants or so – they realize that they end up repeating the same things over and over.
So, here’s a video outlining the practical details of how the course works. Please watch it. It’s off the cuff… and Karen says it’s a bummer and we have to redo it… but – you can handle that, right?
This way, we can spend our meeting together talking about you. : )
Ok. You watched it, right? Because – there’s a test.
NOW: If you already filled out the application, watched this video, and – you’re still pumped about the program: please write down any outstanding questions and book a meeting with us.
If you haven’t filled out the application – then please do that before booking a meeting. : )
What we learn:
- The entire web design and development process from idea to completion.
- Full list: https://perpetual.education/#learning-path
- Figure out where you fit in
- Prove your value in the industry
How we do it:
- 1 lesson a day / daily drip (absolutely non-negotiable)
- Lessons vary by day and include different combinations of materials
- Written lesson including figures and examples
- A video going over that lesson (between 20min and 90min)
- A shared classroom (currently Slack) (pro/ with security + video + audio etc.)
- Ask questions in text / or hop on a call and review any lesson concepts
- A set of daily (targeted) exercises (with suggested timeboxes)
- Share and ask for feedback with the group
- Additional resources – for role-specific skills
- Mock client projects
- Nothing that isn’t necessary for this specific day
- Additional exercises for those who want them (building off of the day’s concept)
- Video and audio meetings with other students or the instructor
- Study hall: an additional self-testing framework that follows the key concepts of the lessons
- Enough room to explore and discover new areas of the design process
- Personal guidance based on your specific background and goals
- Career guidance and a major focus on creating a solid portfolio
- Customized book recommendations and exercises/project suggestions
- Real client projects
- … and more? 😉
The currently unnamed less one-on-one version of the course
- If this is interesting to you, let us know