Screenshots and photos are pretty obvious – but here are some details about how you can help us build a shared library of examples.
We can always crop – but we can’t uncrop. Our cameras are really high quality now and take in lots of data – so, if you’re going to document something give it some space. Don’t zoom in or stand so close that you crop out the context. And you can take many shots, right? So – imagine that we might use it in a book one day – or show it as an example in a video. Make sure you tap the screen and focus the camera or whatever needs to be done. If you’re going to spend the time – make it worth it. However – a shot out the window of a moving car is sometimes all you can get! and those are great too. : )
With a YouTube video, you can just send us a link. That’s easy enough.
However, sometimes YouTube commercials aren’t as easy (or impossible) to find listed.
side-note for brian: we could make a portal that was for “submissions” – and then it would have the link or images – and also give us the name of the person who submitted it – so that we can give them attribution where we publish it.
What kinds do we look for?
- commercials about web development (funny or about web builders)
- commercials about corporate tools / that seem interesting?
- trashy “how to get rich without doing any work” type things like in this collection
- while ad is playing (or pause but if you wait to long it might go away) right click and “copy debug info”
- paste it in here: https://www.adleg.com/debug
- get url
- share it with us
- we’ll likely download it with Airy